There are very few Australian quilters who haven't heard of the iconic store, Amitie Textiles. And its owner, Jen Kingwell, is renowned the world over for her fabulously scrappy patterns and inspirational fabric collections.
We got to know Jen a little better in Issue 21 of Make Modern.
Here are five facts about Jen you might not know...
1. She may have taken up dress making, except for the fact it was frowned upon to mix 20 fabrics in one garment (our win!).
2. She started out small, buying the original Amitie Textiles store in the 1990s.
3. Her brands include the Amitie store, her patterns, her fabric, other designers in the Jen Kingwell Collective, and the Australian distribution of Aurifil thread and Quilter's Dream batting.
4. She is a die-hard scrap quilter, and the stock in Amitie and the fabric choices in her patterns represent this.
5. She wishes she had more time for actual sewing.
To find out more about her and Amitie, check out our feature in Maker Modern Issue 21.